ED and Inpatient On-Call Psychiatry at GTA Community Hospital
Would you like to have experience with independent practice prior to graduating from your psychiatry residency program? Would you like to participate in an innovative pilot project that would allow you to put your skills into practice, while still offering educational and medico-legal backup supervision? Would you like to have a supplemental income to your residency income, and simultaneously gain experience with OHIP billing?
If so, please consider applying for a newly created Restricted Registration pilot project at North York General Hospital, covering weekend on-call positions. We are excited to present the first Psychiatry Restricted Registration opportunity for residents in the Greater Toronto Area.
Restricted Registration Responsibilities include:
- inpatient rounds on 3 Psychiatry inpatient units (Adult, Geriatrics, Child & Adolescent)
- ED consultations
- managing inpatient ward calls
- consultation/liaison psychiatric consults
- contribution to establishment and improvement of this innovative program, including entrance- and exit- interviews
Three shifts are available per weekend:
- Friday 5pm to Saturday 8am (15 hours)
- Saturday 8am to Sunday 8am (24 hours)
- Sunday 8am to Sunday 11pm (15 hours)
- 24/7 Telephone supervision
- If necessary, in-person supervision
- The staff psychiatrist remains as the Most Responsible Physician for the duration of the shift
Prerequisites for the applicant include:
- From https://restrictedregistrationontario.ca/eligibility/ At minimum, Residents must:
o Have successfully completed the MCCQE Parts I and II
o Have completed 18 months of residency training
o Be in good academic standing
o Be actively engaged in their residency training program (i.e. not on leave).
- In addition, our own departmental criteria would require:
o Successful completion of PGY2 Child Psychiatry rotation
o Successful completion of PGY3 Geriatric Psychiatry rotation
$50/hr and up
An on-call room will be provided.
Dr. Michael Tseng